The Accounts Payable Specialist will be primarily responsible for coding and inputting Accounts Payable items into the accounting system for two of our offices. The key duties for this position are:
- Compares vendor invoices to purchase orders or contracts to verify quantities, prices, payment terms, freight charges, extensions, etc.
- Routes invoices for proper approval and inputs them into the accounting system.
- Computes discounts, makes sales/use tax determinations and processes invoices for weekly payment.
- Maintains copies/records of all documents for Accounts Payable, including source documents and submitted documents for audit.
- Upholds and/or improves the organization’s accounting principles, practices, procedures and initiatives.
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required.
Required Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- At least three years of experience in the accounts payable field gained while working in the construction industry.
- Strong proficiency in MS Excel and Word.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Proficiency in Spectrum or Viewpoint.