This full time, exempt position will manage estimating professionals, provide direction for all estimating activities and will supplement the achievements of the team by bidding on as well as securing commercial construction projects of varying sizes. The individual in this role will primarily be responsible for the following:
- Reviews and evaluates proposed projects.
- Oversees bid/budget reviews to ensure accuracy, production feasibility, adherence to best in class qualification usage and corporate guidelines are met.
- Develops and implements quality control systems for estimating including but not limited to uniformity of pricing, production rates and estimating techniques.
- Participates in an ensures project hand-off procedures are completed on all required projects.
- Assists with conceptual estimating, budgeting and pricing.
- Provides administrative and technical direction to others in negotiating contracts, change orders, etc. as required.
- Actively engages in business development and enhancement of customer relations.
- Chairs estimating meetings to facilitate business unit communications, continuous improvement, teamwork and planned training initiatives.
- High school degree or its equivalent.
- At least eight years of estimating experience gained in the wall and ceiling industry with a proven track record of bidding on and securing large, complex commercial projects.
- A minimum of three years of experience supervising, coaching and developing personnel.
- Demonstrable experience in expertly conducting bid reviews.
- Ability to make accurate judgments and calculations. Proven track record in assembling accurate and well- crafted estimates and proposals in a timely manner.
- Expertise in reviewing contractual terms and conditions as well as critical path, logic, sequencing and activity identification in schedules.
- Business development experience with exceptional relationship and rapport building abilities.
- Detailed understanding of building code standards, material pricing as well as construction means and methods in the wall and ceiling industry.
- Experienced with local construction markets.
- Strong proficiency in MS Word and Excel, OnCenter estimating software as well as in reading and understanding specifications and drawings.
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management or related field.
- Competency with Spectrum, Bluebeam and PlanGrid.