This full time, exempt position for our Major Projects division will handle all aspects of the estimating process for specific construction projects including scope of work such as drywall, metal framing, lath and plaster, EIFS, fireproofing, rain screen systems, theming and specialty work. The candidate will perform accurate quantity surveys with appropriate labor, review construction schedules and front-end documents as well as prepare written proposals and perform presentations with clients.
- Review project plans, specifications and front-end document requirements.
- Prepare accurate quantity takeoffs and materials pricing.
- Coordinate subcontractor solicitations.
- Determine labor and construction equipment costs.
- Prepare bid estimates that take into consideration scheduling and sequencing with a specific emphasis placed on safety.
- Effectively manage the bid process to provide a timely review with designated personnel.
- Assemble written proposal consistent with organizational standards and our customer’s needs.
- Post award work with the project management team to deliver extraordinary results for our clients.
Required Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of three years of estimating experience gained in the wall and ceiling industry.
- Ability to make accurate judgments and calculations. Experienced in assembling accurate and well organized estimates and proposals in a timely manner.
- Understanding of contractual terms and conditions. Familiarity with critical path, logic, sequencing and activity identification in schedules.
- Strong proficiency in Word, Excel and in reading and understanding specifications, blueprints and drawings.
- Use of On Screen Take Off and Quick Bid estimating software.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management or related field.
- Business development experience with effective interpersonal skills.
- Knowledgeable about and experienced with local construction markets.