This full time, exempt position will handle all aspects of the estimating process for specific construction projects such as drywall, metal framing, lath and plaster, EIFS, fireproofing, rain screen systems, theming and specialty work. This candidate will perform accurate quantity surveys with appropriate labor, review construction schedules and front-end documents as well as prepare written proposals and provide presentations to clients.
- Review project plans, specifications, and front-end document requirements.
- Prepare accurate quantity takeoffs and materials pricing.
- Coordinate subcontractor solicitations.
- Determine labor and construction equipment costs.
- Prepare bid estimates that take into consideration scheduling and sequencing with a specific emphasis placed on safety.
- Effectively manage the bid process to provide a timely review with designated personnel.
- Assemble written proposal consistent with organizational standards and our customer’s needs.
- Post award work with the project management team to deliver extraordinary results for our clients.
Required Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Three years of estimating or project management experience gained in the construction industry (wall and ceiling industry preferable) or a bachelor’s degree in construction management or related field with an interest in estimating.
- Ability to make accurate judgments and calculations. Familiarity or knowledgeable in assembling accurate and well-organized estimates and proposals in a timely manner.
- Understanding of contractual terms and conditions. Familiarity with critical path, logic, sequencing, and activity identification in schedules.
- Strong proficiency in Word, Excel and in reading and understanding specifications, blueprints, and drawings.
- Familiarity with On Screen Take Off and Quick Bid estimating software.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Experienced in business development with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Knowledgeable about and experienced with local construction markets.