This full time, exempt position will handle all aspects of the estimating process for specific construction projects including preparation, implementation and presentation of a written proposal. The individual in this role will be responsible for the following duties:
- Review project plans, requirements and specifications.
- Prepare accurate quantity takeoffs and materials pricing.
- Coordinate subcontractor solicitations.
- Determine labor and construction equipment costs.
- Prepare conceptual estimates that take into consideration scheduling and sequencing with a specific emphasis placed on safety.
- Effectively manage the bid process to provide a timely review with designated personnel.
- Assemble written proposal consistent with organizational standards and our customer’s needs.
- Post award work with the project management team to deliver extraordinary results for our clients.
- Excellent verbal and written communications.
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Strong proficiency in Word, Excel and Quick Bid Estimating. Proficiency in reading and understanding specifications and drawings.
- Ability to make accurate judgments and calculations.
- Working knowledge of building code standards and construction methods in the wall and ceiling industry.
- Degree in Construction Management or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 3 years of experience.