This full time, non-exempt position will be primarily responsible for all project cost accounting needs for assigned jobs and acts as the liaison between accounting and project management. This position will be primarily located in our San Diego office but during training will be spending several days each week at our corporate office located in North Orange County. The key duties for this position are:
- Prepares customer billings and required documentation in accordance with client’s specifications. Interacts with customer’s project accounting personnel as well as the organization’s project management staff at all phases to include following up on any outstanding billings.
- Administers and maintains sub-contracts billings/invoices for payments.
- Inputs project budgets, budget updates and job progression completion percentages to the job-cost reports and reviews same for reasonableness and accuracy.
- Furnishes monthly accounts receivable report which incorporates timely notations on responsible projects and updates cashflow/backlog database.
- Assists with general ledger accounting by inputting job cost journal entries and transfers.
- Set ups new jobs in organization’s accounting system and follows OCIP/CCIP job setup and administration reporting in the prescribed manner.
- Upholds and/or improves the organization’s accounting principles, practices, procedures and initiatives.
- Associates degree in Accounting or related field. Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Economics or related field preferred.
- A minimum of one year of cost accounting experience gained while working in the construction industry.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word. Proficiency in Spectrum or Viewpoint preferred.
- A teamwork oriented individual who can also work independently.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with excellent verbal and written communication capabilities.
- Ideal candidate will be extremely organized, detail oriented and have excellent time management, problem solving and organizational skills.