This full time, exempt position is responsible for engaging in activities designed to improve the overall production, planning and quality control regarding the organization’s services while ensuring that the project meets or exceeds the client’s satisfaction.
- Assists the assigned project manager and superintendent in coordinating the activities of an assigned project to ensure cost, schedule and quality standards are met.
- Shares in the responsibility of ensuring that field operations on assigned projects are undertaken with safety as the primary concern, including completion of bi-weekly jobsite safety inspections.
- Aids in obtaining pricing for the development of cost estimates.
- Contributes to the development and maintenance of construction project schedules.
- In collaboration with the other project management team members, establishes a baseline schedule and implements budget controls. Assists with budget management.
- Assembles reports on project production and deliverables for management.
- Photographs progress on each phase of the progress and organizes the documents. Manages, maintains and is responsible for all aspects of the field project binders (e.g., project documentation, claim coordination, etc.).
- Tracks any design change and prepares the hours and materials costs to be assembled into the change order. Assembles time and material tickets.
- Participates in and assists with project set up to include but not be limited to such activities as project organization; submittals; stocking lists; budgeting; coordinating drafting and engineering; etc.
- As a member of the project management team, communicates effectively with the client; coordinates team meetings; completes contract documents and reviews consultant and contractor pay applications.
- Develops and maintains good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Performs other related duties and assignments as assigned and/or requested.
What We Offer:
- Competitive pay structure.
- Excellent benefits including vacation, company paid holidays and PTO.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance, wellness program, FSA as well as company paid life insurance, AD&D and long-term disability.
- Tuition reimbursement, 401(k) savings plan and profit sharing program.
Required Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or its equivalent.
- General knowledge of construction principles/practices and techniques.
- At least two years of field experience in the wall and ceiling industry or graduation from an accredited university with a bachelor’s degree in construction management or related field.
- Strong proficiency in MS Word and Excel.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Experience in understanding and interpreting architectural and engineering plans, drawings, specifications, scopes of work and project documentation.
- Understanding of all project management control systems (e.g., scheduling, cost control, procurement, etc.)
- General knowledge of construction methods and building codes.
- Proficiency with Spectrum, Access, QuickBid, Bluebeam, PlanGrid and/or On-Screen Takeoff (OST).