The primary objective of the Project Engineer is to engage in activities designed to improve overall production, planning and quality control relative to Raymond’s work, while ensuring that the customer’s satisfaction meets or exceeds expectations. This position will be primarily directed to report to assigned project sites and will report to the office on an as needed basis.
- Assist in the management of assigned construction projects as directed by field management (e.g., project management, project superintendents, and/or project foremen) to make available critical management time allowing additional focus on production, planning, safety, quality control and other key profit/loss areas.
- Share in the responsibility of ensuring that field operations on assigned projects are undertaken with safety as the primary concern, including completion of bi-weekly jobsite safety inspections.
- Act as the liaison between the project site, office management and general contractors.
- Participate in and assist with project set up to include, but not be limited to, such activities as project organization, submittals, stocking lists, budgeting, etc.
- Provide aid to project superintendents and/or project foremen to include, but not be limited to: conducting new hire orientations, preparing weekly timecards, completing daily reports, ordering and receiving equipment and supplies, etc.
- Support project management activities by rendering assistance on such tasks as reviewing and responding to Requests for Information (RFI), updating budgets, managing subcontractors, updating weekly progress job cost reporting, tracking back order materials and effectively managing lead times, production reporting, etc.
- Work as part of a project team to deliver extraordinary results for our clients.
- Excellent verbal and written communications.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel. Proficiency with Spectrum, Access and On-Screen Takeoff (OST) preferred but not required.
- General knowledge of construction principles/practices required.
- At least five years of experience in construction of which a minimum of one year is spent in construction operations; or graduation from an accredited university with a degree in construction or related field and one year of construction operations experience; or any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Ability to move or travel throughout the area as project and/or business needs dictate.
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills.