The Project Manager will effectively complete the assigned construction projects in compliance with our contract responsibilities. These projects will achieve financial results that meet or improve upon our budget constraints, while meeting or exceeding customer expectations. The primary objective is to provide the project with a planner of activities between office management, field supervision, contract administration, project accounting and customer. The primary duties and responsibilities will vary from project to project based on size, complexity, workload, knowledge, customer demands, and growth opportunities. Effective completion of a job includes, but is not limited to, fully complying with Raymond’s contract responsibilities, achieving financial results that meet or improve upon budget constraints, while meeting or exceeding customer expectations.
- Participate in the project hand-off meeting with the estimating department.
- Expedite a job start and pre-job safety plan routed throughout the departments.
- Facilitate project specific organization and/or systems relative to required staffing, roles and tasks, document control, and filing based on project size, complexity, and customer demands.
- Participate in finalizing the contract negotiations and expedite the administrative checklist.
- Facilitate a kick off meeting to lay out project specific goals relative to design assist, drawing development and review, RFI control, team coordination, and scheduling. Control and track by the RFI log.
- Facilitate product data and sample submittals coordinated with design development, material buyout, and vendor/distributor. Control and track by the submittals log.
- Facilitate procurement and selection of vendors/sub-subcontractors by choosing qualified bidders, securing bids, and spread comparisons. Control and track selected contractors by the contract status log.
- Supervise the vendor/sub-subcontractor shop drawing development, review, and approval. Control and track by the submittal log.
- Expedite the baseline and control budget aligning final design and construction means and methods.
- Expedite the baseline and control schedule with man load information coordinated with Raymond’s budget and contract schedule.
- Plan the cash flow requirements and secure an accepted schedule of values developed using front loading techniques.
- Facilitate a field kick off meeting to implement the specific goals of the pre-construction planning.
- Coordinate the material requirements by preparing quantity takeoffs, stocking reports, purchase orders, and coordinate jobsite deliveries. Control and track by the purchase order log.
- Supervise vendor/sub-subcontractor fabrication and jobsite deliveries. Control and track by the product tracking log.
- Manage the change order process by generating and converting requests into executed subcontract change orders. Control and track by the contract status log and coordinated with contract administrator book.
- Manage the job cost by evaluating and accessing weekly progress, planned versus actual variances, productivity, update budgets routinely to keep job cost report meaningful.
- Monitor jobsite execution of work relative to productivity, site conditions, and access. Prepare access reports as required to document delays and/or disruption issues.
- Monitor jobsite safety by preparing a weekly jobsite safety inspection.
- Supervise the technical execution of the applicable quality control systems, primarily the exterior enclosures.
- Prepare monthly schedule of values projecting completed work and assist in the accounting billing and collections to ensure timely payment.
- Facilitate the close out requirements such as warranties, guarantees, as built submittals, and post mortem analysis.
- Price and secure sufficient volume of work, at profitable margins, to account for proportionate share of revenue projections in the target market.
- Achieve and/or improve upon budget projections through start-up, execution and completion of assigned projects.
- Increase knowledge of project management and estimating resources and developments (code requirements, industry practices, construction techniques, product development, etc.) through appropriate industry seminars and educational sources.
- Enhance knowledge of technical applications relevant to Raymond’s capabilities through appropriate/approved training sessions (i.e.: Computer and technology based, field applications and product developments).
- Develop management and sales skills through appropriate/approved courses and learning materials.