We are seeking a Project Manager to join our team of professionals. This full time, exempt position oversees assigned construction projects from inception to completion and completes same in compliance with organizational requirements and contractual obligations. The individual in this role will primarily be responsible for the following:
- Complies with the organization’s project management manual by adhering to the organization’s philosophies, processes and procedures.
- Manages personnel on assigned project sites as well as specified individual(s) as identified. In conjunction with management and colleagues, develops detailed description of jobs and materials necessary to complete the project which are based upon the project size, complexity and customer demands. Directs preconstruction services and activities.
- Directs daily operations such as analyzing workflow; establishing priorities; developing, updating or maintaining standards and setting deadlines.
- Engages in conceptual planning for the project which incorporates imparting the direction and implementing the required controls (budget and schedule) that are needed and specific for the project to which the individual is assigned. Relative to the budget, aligns the final design as well as the means and methods by utilizing an area breakdown that is defined by the project schedule and used as a means of monitoring budget/cost variances. Pertinent to the schedule, expedites design, preconstruction and construction activities that are manloaded with estimated production goals and contractual obligations.
- Schedules and coordinates assigned projects in logical steps and budgets the time necessary to meet each deadline.
- Monitors RFI controls.
- Sets direction relative to product data and sample submittal development in conjunction with design development, material buyout and vendor/distributor.
- Collaborates with internal and external parties to discuss and resolve problems, including work procedures, complaints and construction or design issues. Develops and maintains good working relationships with all parties.
- Performs other related duties and assignments as assigned and/or requested.
Required Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or its equivalent.
- At least three years of experience in the wall and ceiling industry.
- A minimum of one year of experience mentoring, supervising, leading, coaching and/or developing personnel.
- Working knowledge of construction principles/practices, construction methods and building codes.
- Fundamental knowledge of contract law and project accounting.
- Thorough understanding of all project management control systems (e.g., scheduling, cost control, procurement, etc.).
- Demonstrated experience in understanding and interpreting architectural and engineering plans, drawings, specifications, scopes of work and project documentation.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, scheduling and On Center software (On Screen Takeoff and QuickBid).
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management or related field.
- Competency with Spectrum, Bluebeam and PlanGrid.
- Business development experience with effective relationship and rapport building abilities. Knowledgeable about and experienced with local construction markets.