This full time, exempt position handles all aspects of the project management process for specific construction projects including scope of work such as drywall, metal framing, lath and plaster, EIFS, fireproofing, rain screen systems, theming and specialty work. The candidate will oversee assigned construction projects from the preconstruction stage to a state of successful completion in compliance with organizational requirements and contractual obligations.
- Complies with the organization’s project management manual by adhering to the organization’s philosophies, processes and procedures.
- Participates in project management meetings.
- Develops detailed description of jobs and materials necessary to complete the project which are based on the project site size, complexity and customer needs.
- Directs preconstruction activities.
- Provides leadership on the project by promoting a teamwork environment among all team members by facilitating kickoff engagements and holding weekly coordination meetings.
- Engages in conceptual planning for the project by directing and implementing the required budgetary and schedule needs.
- Schedules and coordinates assigned projects in logical steps and budgets the time necessary to meet each deadline.
- Oversees team coordination and monitors RFI controls.
- Achieves all assigned metrics to ensure that assigned projects are operating efficiently and effectively.
- High school diploma or its equivalent.
- A minimum of three years of experience in the wall and ceiling industry.
- At least one year of experience mentoring, supervising, leading, coaching and/or developing personnel.
- Working knowledge of construction principles/practices, construction methods and building codes.
- Fundamental knowledge of contract law and project accounting.
- Thorough understanding of all project management control systems (e.g., scheduling, cost control, procurement, etc.).
- Demonstrated experience in understanding and interpreting architectural and engineering plans, drawings, specifications, scopes of work and project documentation.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, scheduling and On Center software (On Screen Takeoff and Quick Bid).
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management or related field.
- Competency with Spectrum, Bluebeam and PlanGrid.