This full time, non-exempt position will purchase supplies and materials at the optimal price and delivery cycle for the organization. The key duties for this position are:
- Purchases materials for current projects and coordinates the timely delivery of the items to the designated location.
- Works closely with the receiving department to ensure proper supplies were received in a timely fashion.
- Tracks all delinquent orders.
- Enters in the company’s purchasing module all the packing slips received at point of delivery.
- Reviews invoices, cross-checks the packing slips against same and approves the invoice for payment, as applicable.
- Interacts with the vendor and resolves any noted invoice discrepancies.
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required.
- At least one year of purchasing experience obtained in the construction industry.
- Proficiency in MS Word and Outlook required.
- Excellent verbal and written communications.
- A teamwork-oriented individual who can also work independently and has excellent interpersonal skills.
- A positive, conscientious attitude.
- Proven problem-solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize.