This full time, exempt position will manage and handle all aspects of the bidding process for complex, commercial construction projects of varying sizes. This position is a remote work opportunity for an individual who is located within the southwestern region of the United States. The candidate hired for this position will need to travel to the office to attend mandatory training and events.
The individual in this role will primarily be responsible for the following:
- Prepare conceptual estimating, budgeting and pricing based upon organized, accurate and timely quantity surveys.
- Create accurate and timely take-offs.
- Review proposal specifications, drawings and attend job walks, pre-bid meetings, etc. to determine the scope of work and required contents of the estimate.
- Coordinate the total estimating effort and provide technical support to personnel preparing discipline estimates relevant to the particular bid/project as assigned.
- Review and incorporate historical data from purchase orders, subcontracts, productivity analysis reports, etc. into unit and man-hour figures.
- Provide complete conceptual and final estimating input on complex projects.
- Actively engage in business development and enhancement of customer relations.
- Track awarded contracts, as assigned, which may include but not be limited to estimating extra work items, change orders, credit, procuring material, etc.
- High school degree or its equivalent.
- Minimum of five years of estimating experience gained in the wall and ceiling industry with a proven track record of bidding on and securing commercial projects of varying sizes.
- Ability to make accurate judgments and calculations. Proven track record in assembling accurate and well organized estimates and proposals in a timely manner.
- Detailed understanding of contractual terms and conditions. Knowledgeable as to critical path, logic, sequencing and activity identification in schedules.
- Working knowledge of building code standards, material pricing as well as construction means and methods in the wall and ceiling industry.
- Demonstrated leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Business development experience with excellent relationship and rapport building abilities.
- Strong proficiency in Word, Excel and OnCenter estimating software as well as in reading and understanding specifications and drawings.
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management or related field.
- Knowledgeable about and experienced with local construction markets.
- Competency with Spectrum, Bluebeam and PlanGrid.