This full time, exempt position will be primarily responsible for building a strong book of business to help grow the San Diego office. Effective as a rainmaker and estimator, this person will also be capable of leading preconstruction activities and managing projects when required. The key duties for this position are:
- Builds and develops key customer relationships in the San Diego area.
- Reviews proposal specifications, drawings, attends pre-bid meetings, etc. to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate.
- Determines value engineering opportunities to differentiate and better satisfy customer requirements.
- Completes high quality, detailed estimates in line with customer requirements and Raymond estimating protocols.
- Participates in project and contractual negotiations as required.
- Manages multiple or large complex projects by planning and budgeting, organizing, controlling and problem solving to achieve or exceed the goals set for the assigned project(s).
- Generates, tracks and collects on charge orders in a timely manner.
- Assures customer expectations are met or exceeded.
- High school diploma, or equivalent. Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or related field experience preferred.
- A minimum of seven years’ estimating experience gained working on commercial projects in the wall and ceiling industry.
- Business development experience with exceptional relationship and rapport building abilities.
- Strong history and business ties in the San Diego area preferred.
- Ability to make accurate judgments and calculations.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and On Center Software (On Screen Takeoff and QuickBid). Proficiency in Spectrum, Bluebeam and PlanGrid preferred. Scheduling software knowledge a plus.
- Demonstrated leadership, negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- Working knowledge of building code standards, material pricing as well as construction costs and methods in the wall and ceiling industry.
- Outstanding excellent verbal and written communication capabilities.
- Ideal candidate will be extremely organized, detail oriented and have excellent time and project management, problem solving as well as organizational skills.