We are seeking a VDC Department Manager to join our team of professionals. This full time, exempt position will be responsible for building department strength through delegation and effective management of departmental personnel to achieve customer satisfaction as well as performance, quality and productivity targets, schedule adherence and economic goals. Additionally, this position will be preparing project designs using Revit software and equipment. Seventy percent of the individual’s duties will be related to a Job Captain and thirty percent pertinent to that of a manager. The key duties for this position are:
- Ensures industry leading BIM and IPD competence at Raymond by recruiting, training and developing highly skilled and knowledgeable personnel.
- Reviews ongoing performance results to individual project budgets as well as departmental budget targets. Takes corrective measures with authorization, escalates as needed.
- Enacts quality control metrics to ensure that the drawings produced by personnel have been reviewed prior to being released and that all performance, standards and quality control metrics have been met.
- Ensures that all documents produced by departmental personnel have been reviewed prior to being released and that all performance, standards and quality control metrics as well as corresponding budget targets have been met.
- Prepares project designs using Revit software and equipment. All drawings prepared comply with all applicable codes as well as organizational standards and incorporate all components required for fabrication: dimensions; part numbers; finishes and materials and with all connection details resolved thereon.
- Interfaces with organizational subcontractors and vendors to complete part drawings in accordance with established industry standards.
- Directs the activities of workers engaged in preparing drawings and specification documentation.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High school diploma or its equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- At least six years of experience in architecture and/or engineering; or graduation from an accredited university with a degree in architecture, engineering or related field and two years of progressively responsible architecture and/or engineering experience; or any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- At least six years of experience in Revit, AutoCAD 3D, 4D and 5D modeling required.
- Three years of experience supervising, coaching and developing personnel.
- Proficiency in MS Word and Excel.
- Knowledgeable in reading blueprints.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with excellent verbal and written communication capabilities.