- Re-spray of structurally upgraded columns on the 40th to 44th floor (material Grace Retroguard) and installation of new fireproofing on the 49th floor never previously sprayed to existing and new steel.
- Challenges surrounded getting to the highest part of an occupied building, exposure to elements, and protecting existing building from overspray.
- The 49th floor consisted of mechanical space and was part of the pyramid exposed to the elements, along with the rest of the spire, which is louvered and an unconditioned space. The 49th floor required lath, bond seal, and high-density cement based Fendolite material.
- All pipes, ducts, and other mechanical remained in place and was very hard to work around. All needed to be protected from overspray.
- Building consisted of occupied floors beneath, requiring work at nights and utilizing a small elevator to get to working areas.
SAFETY – No incidents
FIREPROOFING MATERIAL – 500 bags
WEATHER/JOBSITE CONDITIONS – The 40th to 44th floor consisted of interior space, however, the 49th floor held cold, wet, and windy conditions proving to be very difficult. In addition, the 49th floor had cramped working space accessed off a dance floor scaffold.